When switching Android to a new iPhone, one of the most serious things to do is to transfer your WhatsApp chats / restore backup data to your new iPhone. This problem happens to almost every person who is migrating from android to ios. Since Android and iPhone run different operating systems, their WhatsApp versions are also different. So it becomes a bit complicated to transfer WhatsApp data.
However, transferring WhatsApp chat history is currently only available to move from an iPhone to a new Samsung device. But if your mobile is from another company then you must have asked this question – is there any way to transfer my WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
Yes, WhatsApp has developed a feature through which you can efficiently migrate your account information, profile images, conversations, groups, media, etc. from your Android mobile to your iPhone. You can transfer WhatsApp messages to a new phone without backup, or restore Google Drive backup. Apart from this, there are two other methods which we have mentioned below.
Transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone via Move to iOS
Users can now use the Move to iOS app to transfer WhatsApp chats, account information, profile images, groups, media, etc. from Android to iPhone with the same phone number for free. However, there are some limitations that you need to be aware of.
Users must be using WhatsApp Android version 18.104.22.168 or above with Android OS Lollipop, SDK 21 or Android 5 or above. Users use an iPhone running iOS 15.5 or above, with WhatsApp iOS version 22.214.171.124 or above installed. Also, the iPhone must be brand new or reset to factory default. If you fit into these instructions then follow the process to migrate WhatsApp chat from Android to iPhone.
- Install and launch the Move to iOS app on your Android device.
- When the code appears on your iPhone, enter it into your Android device and then click on Continue.
- Select WhatsApp and click on the Start button on your Android phone.
- Wait for WhatsApp to scan for the transferred data → your WhatsApp account will be signed out.
- Return to the Move to iOS app and tap the Continue button to begin transferring WhatsApp conversations/chats from Android to iPhone. This process will take some time.
- When the transfer is complete, Install the most recent version of WhatsApp on your iPhone and use the same phone number to sign in / Log in to WhatsApp.
- You will see WhatsApp chats on your iPhone once you have activated your new device.
Check also: How to take a screenshot on Mac (Shift+⌘+S)
Transfer WhatsApp Data from Android to iPhone Using Google Drive
Now WhatsApp data can also be transferred with the help of Google Drive. You can transfer WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to iPhone via AnyTrans.
- Open AnyTrans and connect your iPhone.
- Visit the Social Messages Manager.
- Select “Restore WhatsApp from a Google Drive backup“
- Log in to your Google Account to view your backup history. Continue by selecting the WhatsApp backup file.
- Now you can restore attachments including WhatsApp photos, audios, messages, calls, etc.
- Get authorization & Decrypt WhatsApp messages > follow the finishing instructions displayed on-screen.
- Successfully restore WhatsApp backup to iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can transfer WhatsApp between an Android and an iPhone, between two Android phones, or between two iPhones using the methods we have explained above. Throughout the procedure, no data will be deleted.