Wondering how to connect Xbox One controller to your PC? Don’t worry they have a complete solution for this. Since Xbox is a Microsoft product, connecting an Xbox controller to a Windows PC is easy. Additionally, Microsoft automatically installs the drivers that are required to connect the controller.
We’ve covered 3 easy ways to connect an Xbox controller to a PC. All you need is an Xbox One controller, PC, and an adapter/Bluetooth/USB cable (depending on the method you choose)
Three Ways to Connect an Xbox Controller to Your PC:
- Through USB cable
- using Bluetooth
- using a wireless adapter
How to Connect Your Xbox One Controller Using USB
This is the easiest method as it only requires a USB cable. This method is as simple as connecting the mouse to your computer or laptop. Follow the procedure to connect your Xbox One controller to PC using a USB cord:
- Use a micro USB cable and plug its ends into the Xbox One controller and your PC.
- If you have a wireless controller, just use your charging cable
- If you have a wired controller, plug it in the same way as in Step 1.
Limitation: for Windows 10, You can connect 8 controllers at once and In the case of Windows 7/8 You can only connect 4 controllers at once.
How to Connect Xbox One Controller Using Bluetooth
You don’t need any wires or adapters to connect if you’re going to follow this method. But your Xbox One controller must have built-in Bluetooth. Look at the logo on the center to see if your Xbox controller has Bluetooth, it will have plastic around it. The Xbox One S comes with Bluetooth-compatible controllers. If your controller is Bluetooth compatible, then follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings – Devices – Select Bluetooth Settings and turn on Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the Guide button and then the Sync button on your controller. The logo will start blinking very fast.
- Once your PC finds your controller, select it to complete the pairing process.
How to Connect Xbox Controller to PC Using Wireless Adapter
You will need to purchase an Xbox wireless adapter for this. It will cost you around $30 to $40. The adapter lets you connect your Xbox controller to your PC wirelessly so you can enjoy the game.
- Connect Xbox Wireless Adapter to an open USB port on your PC
- To turn it on, press the guide button (Xbox logo) on your controller.
- Press and hold the sync button on your controller. logo blinks very fast
- Press and hold the small sync button on the adapter
- Once the Xbox logo on the controller stops flashing and turns solid, you’re good to go.
We are working on – How to connect XBOX controller to iPhone?
Xbox Wireless Adapter will cost you around $30 to $40 on Amazon.
Xbox Series X.
Microsoft released the Xbox One in November 2013.